Thursday, May 22, 2008

We're buying a house!!!!!

Okay...let me just say we are soooo excited!! We are so picky and have looked for quite a while. We've been looking for an older home that was outdated and we've finally found it! This house was built in 1974. We LOVE the older charm that it naturally has and we can't wait to fix it up! Since we refuse to go into debt to update it, we will be doing it slowly over time.
This is in Highland Village in a beautiful area. These homes were originally built by people in Highland Park as 2nd homes by the lake (Lake Lewisville). Eventually they were added onto or updated into homes people now live in. This area is so beautiful and has so many huge trees and is right by the lake. Many are on the lake but ours is not. But it's so close we could walk to it :) I love this neighborhood!!!

It is so hard to not do it all at once. All of this has happened so fast! We found this house 2 weeks ago and are closing on the 28th of May. Wow!!! God graciously provided in such a huge way and I feel like I don't deserve it.

I know Sadie will love her new backyard and we will love not being in an apartment!!! Brace yourself...I've posted some pics..hahaaa! We love it!

Our 1st cute little home!!



The back of the house.


I love this little storage shed!!! My favorite part is that it matches the house:)


The entry way.


Leaving the entry way and going straight into the living room.



The "addition", or family room, or game room that will eventually will lead out to the deck.



A nice little vanity room that needs a paint job :)


The Master Bedroom.


One of the bedrooms that was apparently one of the baby's rooms...so cute:) But we'll be painting it!


The "Jack & Jill" bathroom that connects the 2 bedrooms.


The master bathroom view from the hallway.


In the living room, looking at where you just came from...the hallway :)


Coming out of the game room into the living room...


The fireplace in the living room.


View into the kitchen.


Lovely cabinets huh??


The tiny kitchen that WILL be redesigned and updated
at some point :-)



Oh the lovely 1970s appliances :)


In the kitchen looking at the door leading out to the carport...AND at my neighbor Lindsay who lives next door to me at our apartments AND that I will miss being next door to!


Last but not least...this is the view from the kitchen.

10 comments:

The Taylors said...

Oh my gosh, Niki, it's so cute!!!! I am addicted to DIY and HGtv so I love doing those fixer-upper things so let Jon and I know when you have some projects and we'd love to come and help. Jon does carpentry as well. :)

Congratulations!! So excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I can't wait until you have a painting party. We have drop clothes, paint pans, and other stuff we can bring. Congratulations!
--Brooke Myers

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Great house! Congrats!! It looks so roomy! BUT that tree with the face scares me a little...

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

IT's AWESOME! To be honest, if you had to leave the cabinets, they arent' THAT BAD. They look like they are in great shape. I see what you are talking about above though. I think if you removed those it would make the kitchen feel a whole lot bigger. :) It's so cute! I can't wait to see it in person!!

Lauren Williams said...

LOVE IT!!!! i am so with you on the older houses and their charm! i can't wait to see it in person!

Sum said...

congrats!!!!! I like the arched doorways!! such a cute house.

Kristi said...

Awesome girl! and so close to Kimmi and Michael. It's super cute and really doesn't look like it needs much done. You need to have a painting party.....I've got plenty of stuff from when I painted my house. I did it all by myself one week....I love to paint!! Can't wait for BBQ's at your place (since Michael won't have one now, haha)

The Ice House said...

how fun!!! Jamey and I are just renting but we LOVE our old school house. I agree with the "charm factor" that is found with older homes in a cute neighborhood!!

Unknown said...

I love it! What an opportunity to dream big and work together to see those dreams come true. And so many memories to make!

Kristi said...

Missed you today! I have something for ya'll (and the house)....