Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Little Nugget

So...I have to confess. Many times when I read scripture and come to the verses that are quoted all the time, and as Matt would say...all over coffee mugs and t-shirts, I tend to skim over it like I've heard it a bazillion times. My mind actually says "blah blah blah" and I keep going. Did I just say that out loud? Oh well. Anyway, today I was reading Proverbs 3 and came across verses 5 and 6. Verses I know AND love, but still one of those I skim over and blah blah blah.

"Trust in the lord with all of your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths" Proverbs 3:5,6

But as I read it over and over... God showed me more. And when he did, part of me didn't want to really listen and wanted to just keep going. Maybe everyone else has already discovered this, but this is what he showed me:

Niki...In what areas of your life are you leaning on your own understanding? And in effect, not trusting in the Lord? In what areas are you not acknowledging God? And then simply...God will make your paths straight.

Something so simple and something I've heard more than once, yet something so enlightening and a little scary when revealed to you by the Spirit of God. Maybe I skim over stuff b/c I don't want to really look at that part of my heart and really deal with it?

So now as I read that verse, I see it so differently. Praise the Lord for that little nugget!

1 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Such truth! All scripture is inspired by God!! This is an encouragement for me to actually view it and read it as such!