Thursday, February 28, 2008

Do I have to?


Aauuggghh...I don't want to wake up yet. Okay...maybe my bed is just a little too comfortable. I have a serious problem with being late to everything! I have such good intentions of waking up in plenty of time to get ready, but I just get up, snooze several times, crawl back under those comfortable covers, curl up and go right back to sleep. Only to get waken up again 10 minutes later to snooze again. I even have 2 alarms doing this! I know...I've read that snoozing only makes you feel more tired throughout the day...but I still do it.

Then! Even when I actually DO get up the 1st time my alarm goes off...I'm still late. I was thinking about it, and if I have more time, I just take my time. I can rush if I have to, but when I have all the time in the world, I find other things I can accomplish (after all...I'm up earlier...Now I can do these things) and I just take my time.

See...a friend of mine told me she only allows herself (Brittany!) 30 minutes to get ready in the morning. 30 minutes???!!! Ya...that's what I said. She said she tries and is just naturally efficient at everything she does. Well...that is an amazing quality and discipline. It really challenged me so I tried it. I didn't quite make 30 minutes, but I was able to do 45 min. Once! Then I realized that I just like moseying around taking my time getting ready and enjoying the morning. So here I am at the crossroads...stay with who I am and what I enjoy? Or adopt this discipline into my life to allow more time with the Lord in the mornings?

Anyway...another day in the mind of Niki :-)

2 comments:

Sum said...

Niki!!! I saw you on Dawn's page. Now I can stalk you! Hope all is well. I am jealous of that picture of you sleeping on the beach!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Sounds like my struggle.