Monday, April 21, 2008

I can't decide!!



So I saw all these AMAZING fabrics on Molly's page and just in time! I have been looking for a new duvet cover for months and I'm just not thrilled with anything in the stores :-( But these fabrics are awesome so I'll just make my own! I found this at Cabbage Rose Quilting and Gifts. It is called Sun Drop Medallion Mint.

Anyway, this will be the bottom 3/4 of the duvet and I think I want a lighter solid color on the top 1/4. Antique white? The yellow/gold in the pattern? A light green? A light golden orange? Mind you, I already have yellow/gold curtains. Do I make the opening with buttons on top where the two fabrics meet? Or on the bottom on the underneath side? Anybody have any suggestions? I know this is a crazy pattern but I love it! And surprisingly Zach liked it :-) I'll post the link on my page so you can check it out :-)

4 comments:

TamBaum said...

I would make it one of the shades of green if it were me. I like the fabric too. Want to make me one when you are done?

Jules said...

Tell me what the name of that fabric is! It is perfection.

The Faris Fam said...

Julie, you can find this pattern on the Cabbage Rose Quilting website. Look under "Free Spirit", then "Sun Drop". The name is Sun Drop Medallion Mint. They have other colors too :)

The Taylors said...

Looking forward to lunch this week!! See you soon!